Teeth Whitening in Thailand
Updated on Tuesday 27th September 2016
Rate this article 0 reviewsbased on
Beautiful white sandy beaches, great food, affordable prices and highly trained professionals – the Land of Smiles has a strong reputation as one of the top dental tourism destinations in the world. Teeth whitening in Thailand is a viable solution for those who feel affected by teeth discoloring because of age, diet or certain prescriptions.
What does teeth whitening in Thailand imply?
Teeth whitening in Thailand is a dental treatment abroad which implies the use of whitening products to produce a brighter teeth color. These products are made of tooth bleaches that dissolve the stains into smaller units, causing a brighter, whiter teeth color.
Teeth whitening in Thailand can be undertaken by using whitening toothpastes, at a dentist’s office or at home. Teeth whitening performed at a dentist’s office, also called in-office or chairside whitening, consists of spreading a special bleaching gel on the teeth, sometimes in combination with light energy for quicker results.
Teeth discoloring and teeth whitening in Thailand
As we age, teeth can lose their original whiter color because of a number of reasons, such as:
• Diet: certain foods and drinks like red wine, coffee and tea can cause major teeth discoloring. These products contain intense color pigments named chromogens which get attached on the teeth enamel (the exterior, white teeth surface);
• Smoking: some chemical substances – tar and nicotine – from tobacco generate persistent tooth staining;
• Aging: as the years go by, the exterior enamel surface becomes thinner because of brushing, allowing the more yellowish dentin to be seen;
• Injury: a tooth can change in color because of trauma as it lays down more dentin;
• Prescriptions: tooth discoloring can result from using medications such as high blood pressure drugs, antihistamines or antipsychotics. Chemotherapy and radiation could also lead to teeth darkening.
Teeth whitening in Thailand may not work on all types of discoloring, in which cases the dentist abroad could recommend a veneer treatment. However it can be a great dentistry abroad procedure which renders a healthy look of the teeth and in some cases it can even whiten the teeth beyond their natural color.
Please do contact our local dentists if you need more information about dental holidays in Thailand.