Teeth Whitening in Malaysia
Updated on Wednesday 21st September 2016
Rate this article 0 reviewsbased on
Teeth whitening in Malaysia is a cost-effective dental treatment abroad for people who like to travel and are affected by tooth discoloring because of age, diet or other substances. Teeth whitening can render a brighter color of the teeth, being performed in-office or at home.
In-office whitening procedure in Malaysia
During an in-office teeth whitening treatment in Malaysia, the dentist applies a teeth bleaching gel, which usually contains hydrogen or carbamide peroxide, on the teeth. Beforehand, the gums are protected against chemical burns – as these bleaching agents can be quite concentrated – with a rubber dam. The whitening process can be accelerated by exposing the teeth to a light or laser.
Most patients find their teeth to be more sensitive in the following days after a teeth whitening treatment in Malaysia. This sensitivity does not cause a permanent pain, but rather intermittent bursts. Dentists abroad recommend avoiding cold or hot drinks and food for the following maximum 48 hours after the treatment.
Tooth discoloration categories
Tooth discoloration can happen because of stains on the enamel (the surface of the teeth) or modifications inside the tooth. There are three main categories of tooth discoloration:
• Extrinsic: it affects the teeth enamel. It can be caused by drinks like cola, tea or coffee, foods or smoking;
• Intrinsic: the tooth inner structure (dentin) darkens or becomes yellowish. This type of discoloration can be caused by exposure to fluoride during childhood, use of tetracycline antibiotics during childhood, trauma while the patient was a child, injury to a permanent tooth or others.
• Age related: a mixture of both extrinsic and intrinsic aspects.
Benefits of teeth whitening in Malaysia
There are numerous benefits of teeth whitening in Malaysia, such as:
• Quick results which can be observed immediately;
• Whitening can last for up to two to three years;
• There is no pain or discomfort associated with it;
• Cost effective;
• Effectuated by experienced dentists in a high standard environment;
• The chance to get to know a unique and friendly culture such as Malaysia.
Need to know more about dental care procedures in Malaysia and dental holidays in this country? We invite you to contact our dental tourism agents.