Orthodontics in Croatia
Updated on Tuesday 04th October 2016
Rate this article 1 reviewsbased on
Orthodontics is usually known as the dental specialty that deals with the diagnosis, prevention and correction of teeth positioned wrongfully and of jaws that are too small and narrow. Once applied only for children, modern orthodontics in Croatia is also used for adults, entailing the application of braces and retainers, in terms of aesthetics. Choosing a dentist abroad can be the best opportunity to restore the appearance of crooked teeth and regain your confidence.
Dental cases that need orthodontic treatment in Croatia
If you have any of the following, you may need an orthodontic treatment:
- overbite —the upper front teeth stick out over the lower teeth;
- open bite — there is a space between margins of the front and side teeth when the back teeth bite simultaneously;
- underbite — the dental case when the upper teeth are too far back or the lower teeth are too far forward;
- misplaced midline— when the center of the upper front teeth does is not aligned with the center of the lower front teeth;
- crossbite — the upper teeth do not fall exactly in front of the lower teeth when the biting surfaces of the teeth meet;
- spacing — gaps/spaces between the teeth;
- crowding — the dental ridge cannot accommodate because there are too many teeth.
How does the orthodontic treatment in Croatia apply to the patient?
Patients who need an orthodontic treatment can choose to go to a dental clinic in Croatia, because this country offers professional dental services at much lower prices than other countries, such as Italy, for example. The dental tourism movement has intensively developed in Croatia and numerous Italian citizens choose to treat their dental problems in this country.
Back to orthodontic treatment in Croatia, here are some of the available methods of treating dental problems, including the application of:
- removable retainers such as aligners, jaw repositioning appliances, removable space maintainers, lip and cheek bumpers, headgear etc. If interested in more details about the complete treatment and effect of these retainers, dentists abroad will offer further information.
- fixed orthodontic braces with applied fasteners (aesthetic or non-aesthetic, metal or ceramics); there is used a special adhesive that does not damage teeth enamel; these are to be worn permanently and are equipped with elastic threads that activate constant forces in order to move the teeth and align them, because of the new braces (small and elastic metal ties). This orthodontic therapy has two phases: an active one and a retention phase. The first lasts approximately 1 year and a half and then the patient will need to wear a removable clear retainer. Check-up is needed every 6 to 8 weeks. The retention phase lasts one year (with a clear retainer) and needs appointments every 3-4 months.
If you have orthodontic problems, dental treatment abroad is attractive and cost-saving, especially when thinking that you might even want to enjoy a vacation while finding a resolution for your dental problem through orthodontics in Croatia.
In order to keep a healthy life for your teeth, consider dental tourism as a solution for your dental problems, but as well a great idea for having a vacation in Croatia. Please contact us for more detailed information!